Morgan Meis is the author of a novel, Angelus Novus (Soft Skull Press, 1995), and has written for The Believer, Harper’s, and each week for The Smart Set. He is an editor of 3quarksdaily.com, a filter blog treating literature, science, and the arts, and is a recipient of an Andy Warhol Foundation Award for his art criticism. His past contributions to VQR include his travelogue of Vietnam, co-authored with Tom Bissell and reprinted in Best American Travel Writing, and his essay on Jasper Johns’s target paintings.
Published in VQR
- The Teardrop of the Subcontinent: A Tour of the Literature of Sri Lanka, Winter 2012
- A Monument to Forgetting, Fall 2011
- The Seaward Peep: Three writers respond to Moby-Dick, Summer 2011
- Taking Aim: Jasper Johns, An Allegory of Painting, 1955–1965, Spring 2007
- After the Fall, Fall 2005