By Ted Genoways
April 5th, 2011
On the heels of Elliott D. Woods receiving the Digital National Magazine Award for Multimedia Package for Assignment Afghanistan, the American Society of Magazine Editors announced today that VQR has received six Ellie nominations in the print categories—second only to The New Yorker and tying New York and the New York Times Magazine.
VQR’s nominations go to:
• Elliott D. Woods, “Digging Out,” in the Reporting category
• Marco Vernaschi, “The Cocaine Coast,” in the News and Documentary Photography category
• Kamin Mohammadi, “Lust, Devotion, & the Binary Code,” in the Essays & Criticism category
• Paul Theroux, “Minor Watt,” in the Fiction category
• William Malatinsky, “Uzon,” in the Fiction category
And also to the Winter, Spring, and Fall 2010 issues for General Excellence in the Literary, Political, and Professional Magazines category.
Congratulations to all of VQR’s nominated contributors—and good luck on May 9!
Lit Awards VQR