Reach a targeted and discerning readership by advertising in one of the best literary and current affairs journals being published today.
PRINT CIRCULATION: 3,000 (paid circulation, newsstand, & single-copy sales).
RESERVATIONS: Fax reservations to 434-924-1397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include issue date, ad size, and color requirements. All advertisers will receive a copy of the issue upon publication.
Size 4-Color Black & White Full Page $425 $325 Half Page $250 $200 Inside front cover n/a $1,000
- 5% discount for prepaid ads.
- 10% discount for 2 consecutive ads booked at the same time.
- 15% discount for 3 consecutive ads booked at the same time.
- 15% agency discount
Issue Reservations Due Materials Due Publication Date Winter December 21 January 10 March 1 Spring March 21 April 10 June 1 Summer June 21 July 10 September 1 Fall September 21 October 10 December 1
Size Width Height Full Page 5-1/2″ (33 picas) 8-3/8″ (50p3) Half Page 5-1/2″ (33p0) 4-1/8″ (24p9) Full Page Trim Size 6-3/4″ (40p6) 10″ (60p0)
- Press-ready PDF files accepted only (PDF/X-1a format preferred). All fonts must be embedded and only Open Type or Postscript fonts should be used (no True Type fonts).
- Art: continuous tone art should be set at 300 pixels per inch, line art at 1200 ppi.
- Full page ads can bleed with approval. Include 1/8″ bleed on all sides. Live area for full page bleed ads is 5-1/2″ wide × 8-3/8″ high. Full page dimensions are 6-3/4″ × 10″.
- Include crop marks on PDF file.
- Color ads: CMYK color space only; no spot colors allowed.
- All ads should be boxed with a minimum 1/2 point rule.
- The Virginia Quarterly Review is perfect bound.
Ads can be emailed to email@example.com or sent via CD or disk. Ship materials to:
Virginia Quarterly Review
5 Boar’s Head Lane, P.O. Box 400223
Charlottesville, VA 22904
Ads on account will be billed net 30 days from publication date. First time advertisers may be required to prepay first ad. No cancellations accepted after reservation deadline. Publisher reserves the right for additional charges for ads that do not meet our standards or for extensive or late changes. Publisher will not be held responsible for any typographic errors or for the reproduction quality of any ads that do not meet the above specifications.
The Virginia Quarterly Review reserves the right to reject any ad that does not meet our editorial or production standards.