Volume 81, Number 4
• Art Spiegelman’s first installment of his new work “Portrait of the Artist as a Young %@?*!”
• Tony Kushner’s short play “A Prayer for New York,” the Pulitzer Prize-winner’s response to 9/11.
• Lawrence Weschler profiles the artist Vincent Desiderio.
• A trio of dispatches from Southeast Asia: Lindsley Cameron on the 60th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Tom Bissell and Morgan Meis on the 30th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon, and Erik Campbell on living and writing in the jungles of Papua, Indonesia.
• Three tales of suspense by by Joyce Carol Oates, Alan Heathcock, and R.T. Smith.
• Essays by Pauline W. Chen, Stanly Plumly, and Steve Almond.