AIDS in Africa
Volume 82, Number 1
• Featuring a special portfolio on AIDS in Africa with reports by Helen Epstein, Philip Alcabes, and Jann Turner, and photo essays by Charter Weeks and Gideon Mendel.
• Another installment of Art Spiegelman’s “Portrait of the Artist as a Young %@?*!”
• Lawrence Weschler on the graphics of the Solidarity Movement.
• Helon Habila on African novelist Dambudzo Marechera.
• Fiction by Steve Almond, Deborah Eisenberg, John McNally, and Binyavanga Wainaina.
• Poetry by Billy Collins, Marilyn Hacker, and Charles Wright.